Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Kade Has Strep Throat

Well Kade started coughing yesterday, and we could tell he didn't feel good. He wasn't running any fever, but he just wanted to sit around and not do a whole lot. As the day went on his cough got worse, and his temperature was 99.6. With as many times as he's had RSV we are very cautious when he gets a cough. And also with all the flu going around, we just wanted to be careful and make sure he was okay. So Jake took him over to the ER last night around 7:00 pm. I stayed home because we didn't think it would be a good idea for me to sit in the ER and possibly catch something from someone, and I still am not completely well. Friday night was the first night I actually got to sleep almost all night in a week, and I did get out today for my mom's birthday party but am still not feeling back to normal. Jake and Kade were at the ER for around 3-3 1/2 hours and finally found out Kade has strep throat. So it was a relief to hear that he doesn't have RSV or the flu, but I hate that he has strep throat. So he has to take 2 bottles of antibiotics and Robitussin for his cough. He's already feeling better this morning but is still coughing quite a bit. He didn't sleep too well last night, but he's wanting to play today. So that's an improvement from yesterday, and he has no fever!

Daddy & Kade at the ER waiting to see the doctor. Poor little guy.

Another sad little boy with his daddy.

Here Kade is lounging in my chair. He climbed up there, reclined the foot rest and covered his feet up with his blanket! I'm glad that he's able to smile through his sickness today. He's feeling much better! What a difference a day makes!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Glad he's feeling better! He's so cute. BTW- Aidan has the same pjs!

Kara Scharrer said...

I'm praying for you guys. Hang in there - you are almost done! :)