Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Our happy family on the 4th of July
Kade was not excited. This was after the fireworks.
Another family shot
Me at 21 weeks and 1 day pregnant

Today we had a very happy 4th filled with fun and family. Kade spent the night with his grandparents last night, so Jake and I started celebrating early with a date night. We had a lot of fun! Then this morning my brother came over and Jake cooked breakfast for us! For the afternoon, we ate lunch with my parents then came home for Kade to take a nap. This evening Jake's nephews were in from Nebraska, so we got to visit with them for a while. When it got dark, we decided to shoot off some fireworks in our front yard for Kade. Last year he was deathly afraid and wouldn't even go outside. So we were hoping this year would be better. Well we got him outside, but he kept his ears covered, made me cover his ears too, and cried the whole time. He kept saying, "No Daddy, I done. No more fireworks! Cover my ears Mom. I scared. I go inside." We ended up getting them shot off, but Kade absolutely hated it. He loved the daytime ones, the poppers, snakes, and smoke bombs. I guess we'll try again next year!

No comments: