Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 18, 2009

First Trip to the Hospital

So Friday night I started having terrible back and stomach pains. They weren't contractions, but I wasn't sure what was causing the pain. I couldn't do anything but lay around and be miserable. It kind of felt like an upset stomach, but the pain just wouldn't go away. This lasted all day Saturday, and Jake told me that if I was still in pain on Sunday that he was taking me to the hospital to get checked out. So Sunday morning I felt a little better but was so worn out from not sleeping the night before. By noon the pain came back. It was the worst it had been. So Jake called over to Labor and Delivery and told them my symptoms. They said since I was passed 36 weeks to bring me in so they could find out what was going on. So by the time we got around and dropped Kade off at my mom's house, it was around 4:00. We got to the hospital around 4:30 and had to check in at the ER. They immediately sent me up to Labor & Delivery. I got changed and had to do a urinalysis. Then they hooked me up to the monitors so they could see how Kolt was doing. His heart rate was perfectly fine, and he wasn't in any kind of stress. I wasn't having an contractions at all, which I knew already. After they monitored Kolt's heart beat for around 45 minutes the midwife came in and asked about my symptoms. They don't really know what's causing my pain, possibly a virus. But there's nothing they can really do for that right now. She told me that I was dehydrated though, so they had to hook me up to an IV and give me fluids through it. By this time I was starting to feel better and hadn't eaten in so long that I was starving! So the nurse got me some soup, a sandwich, crackers and juice. It tasted so good! By the time we left the hospital I was feeling so much better, almost back to normal. But when we got home, I was starting to get some of the pain back again. So as of right now, I still don't really know what's causing all this pain and hope it will go away soon. I am going to stay home from work tomorrow and try to get some rest and hopefully recover.

No comments: