Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 19, 2009

We're Having a...

Today we had our ultrasound, and I am 19 weeks. The baby looked good! We could see the face, ears, arms, hands, legs, feet, spine, heart, and little boy part! That's right, we're having another little boy! And right now we are calling him Kolt. The name's not definite now, but that's the only one we can agree on at this time.
And here the little guys is! The ultrasound tech told us that she'd only tell us the sex of the baby if she saw the part clearly at least twice. She saw it numerous times, and Jake and I could even see it too. She said she couldn't be 100% sure, but since we all saw it so many times, we're almost positive! When we got there, she asked Kade if he wanted a brother or sister. He said sister, which is what he's been saying the whole time. After the ultrasound she asked what he thought about having a little brother, and he adamantly said no! I think the idea will grow on him. We've talked about how a little brother will play cars, trains, and ball with him, and he seemed to like that! He weighed in at 11 ounces today, and with his size, she estimated my due date at November 10. Since that's only a 3 day difference, my official due date won't change. His heart rate was 146 and sounded very strong! I go back in 3 weeks for my next checkup and should get all the details from the ultrasound then.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Congratulations! Parker will have a friend!!! We're having our 4d ultrasound on July 9th and I think I'm going to bring Aidan to this one. Kade will be so excited to have someone to play with. I'm glad that we're having a boy since they're so close together! So much fun!!!

Kara Scharrer said...

I am soooooo excited for you guys. I can't wait to hear more about the pregnancy as it progresses, and hear all about how Kade grows to love a baby brother. :) Very cute name, by the way. I love it spelled with a 'K'!

Rachael Strickland said...

Congrats! I Like the Name Kolt alot!