Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Kade is Sick

Kade has his first sickness. He started getting a cough and runny nose on Saturday evening. His cough has been pretty bad. At first I just thought he had a little cold to go along with his teething. So I wasn't too worried about him. He ran a little fever off and on from Saturday night until Tuesday. So I stayed home with him. He just wanted to sit in my lap all day long. I feel so bad for him. I can tell he's in pain, and I don't like it. Wednesday his fever was gone, and he seemed to be feeling better. So I went ahead and went to work. But by today he was running fever again, and I could tell he was feeling bad again. Jake and I decided since his symptoms weren't getting any better, we had better take him to the doctor. So we did that today. We found out he has bronchiolitis. It's nothing serious, so we're thankful for that. His bronchial tubes are swollen which is why he's coughing. He should be better within 3-4 days. His doctor told us to do breathing treatments with Kade to see if that would help him. Otherwise he just needs time to get better. I will be so glad when he's well! Needless to say, we haven't had much sleep around our house lately. Oh, Kade now weighs 18 lbs., 7 oz. and is 25 inches long. He is now 21 weeks old and will be 5 months old on Wednesday. Time sure flies by!

No comments: